We like to talk. We like to reach out to customers to learn more about their businesses, hear their success stories or help them with problem areas.
Lately, we’ve been having discussions related to “form-based” solutions that were sold to them with the intent to streamline the safety audit and inspection process. While making it easier for a field or shop representative to record and file their documents, these solutions have some of these companies asking, “NOW WHAT?”
This question shouldn’t be asked after reams of data have been compiled, but in the very beginning of the software solution search. The best advice we can offer is to begin with the end in mind. Establish an expectation of what is needed out of your safety management software and make sure the ultimate goal is going to be satisfied once implemented. In order to help with this process, here are five questions that need to be answered:
- What safety analytics will be included from the actions being performed?
- Audits and Inspections
- How will the safety analytics be displayed graphically?
- What reports will be generated and how will they be presented?
- Are there options for these metrics to be exported for more in-depth data mining?
- Can custom solutions be provided when necessary OR is it a take-it-or-leave-it solution?
These questions ought to be vetted before making a commitment to software. Your objective as a safety management shopper is to make certain the software solution is working harder than you are.
If the safety management platform can satisfy the questions above, congratulations, you will be well on your way to making a positive impact with your safety culture. And that is something worth talking about!